Thursday, August 21, 2008

That's a submarine

Loose thoughts by Bjorn Landfeldt

If ever I would get tired of putting on my dive gear I think I would befriend the Danish submarine enthusiast Peter Madsen and join him on his underwater trips. Peter has built the worlds largest home made submarine, which was put in the water in May 2008.



The sub measures 18 meter and weighs in at 36 ton so there would be plenty of space for me and a few bottles of Bordeaux. Apparently, he has managed to keep the build cost down to about $300.000. Apparently Peter wants to use it to go holidaying in the Mediterranean. Would create a stir at the docks in Monte Carlo I bet.

A photo series and some Danish commentary is available here:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool

Tuxedos said...

Wonderful!! its that submarine from USA? its look like.

Bjorn Landfeldt said...

No he is Danish so he lives in Denmark,Europe, Scandinavia.